Search Engine

Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another tragedy

I am truly, truly saddened with the news of the landslide that hit an orphanage at Hulu Langat that buried 26 people alive. Until midnight, 12 people have been confirmed dead while another 4 are still buried. Another 9 are injured.

Most of the victims are children. Words fail to describe my feeling at the moment. Although I do not know the victims personally, as a human being the tragedy still affects me emotionally. My sincerest sympathies to the family members of the victims. My greatest admiration and thanks to the rescue workers who show their courage and commitment in continuing the search and rescue mission even as I write this, in spite of the darkness of the night and the continuous rainfall. I pray that those who are still missing will be found alive.

I honestly hope that this tragedy would not get politicised.

Al-Fatihah to those who were killed in this tragedy.

No comments: