Search Engine

Followers

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Finding the time for someone important

I remember many years ago, a close friend asked me where I found the time for the things that I did. My impromptu response was, if you consider the things that you do as important, you would find the time for them.

A few days ago, another friend was telling me how he felt hurt when his wife told him, "I love you, but I don't have the time for you". It is no secret that I am no counsellor. All that I could do was to offer a sympathetic ear to listen to his story. At least, my friend was able to pour his heart out as he found it difficult to get going with such a burden on his shoulders. I will not go into the details of his story, but the point I want to make here is, if one wants to get married, then one has to find the time for his/her spouse.

This school holidays, as with all extended holidays, are filled with countless weddings all over the country. As a reminder to all, newlyweds or otherwise, marriage is not just for a day or a year. It is, ideally speaking, for a lifetime. It is because you consider your spouse important that you are willing to spend your life with him/her. When you consider your spouse important, then make the time for him/her. There is no such thing as not finding the time for your loved one.

Just my two cents worth.

No comments: