Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Eurycoma longiforia causes insomnia?

This post is perhaps not a current issue, but a matter of health interest, I suppose. Back when I was an undergraduate, I had this problem of not being able to sleep when my mind is active. My personal record of going awake without sleep was 62 hours - 10 hours short of 3 days running. When I returned home after graduating, insomnia was not much of a problem. From time to time, I'd have difficulties sleeping, but it was just temporary. But of course, this is all in the past.

For the past couple of months, I have been spending my weekends travelling up north and back to KL. I end up being exhausted when the new week begins. Someone suggested that I should try kopi tongkat ali, but I can't take coffee as it causes migraine. So, I tried teh tongkat ali instead. I bought the tea with tongkat ali extract last night, and drank a mug at about 10 p.m.

It's almost a quarter past 9 p.m. now (almost 24 hours) since I took the drink. Believe it or not, I have not slept yet since yesterday. I haven't felt sleepy nor tired nor groggy nor light-headed.

Yes, I wanted extra energy, but if drinking a mug of Eurycoma longiforia tea gives me the energy to stay up for more than 24 hours... and still counting, I personally think that this is not the least bit healthy.

Thoughts anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My problem is that I fall asleep very easily. Going past 12 midnight somes times is a struggle. Which is the main reason why I never drive long hours at night. Any suggestion? Tried coffee, tried red bull, tongkat ali, livita, ... none works. Sigh ...

Frm Glasgow to Surrey.

Anonymous said...

whank...lol