Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

So far so good

We are now into the second week of 2008. In a couple of days time, it will be the first day of the Hijrah calendar. I have to say that for me personally, 2008 has begun on a high, positive and promising note.

I am now a PhD candidate at Universiti Malaya. At the same time, I am also lecturing part-time at the said university.

If everything goes well, my family will be moving into our own home after quite a long wait. We are now waiting for the keys, before doing some minor renovations. We plan to move in come Chinese New Year in February.

On the work front, things are also looking bright. Something that we've been working on to get since January 2007 has finally been approved. Barring any unforeseen circumstances or hiccups, we hope to seal the agreement in the very near future.

And the Internet connection has been fixed this afternoon. After many moons of non-connection at the office, I am back online as of 4.25 p.m. today (finally!).

The building that we're occupying now has been sold by its owner. No doubt, we'll have to move out very soon. On the bright side, we're finally moving out of this problematic building. Where to? Insya-Allah to a better place. More on this when the time is right.

I have also set a number of writing projects for me to tackle this year. Personally, I have targeted at least one novel to be published this year.

Alhamdulillah, 2008 has started on a highly promising note. With all the things that I am doing, it will certainly be a busy 2008. I just hope the momentum will be sustained for the rest of the year.

As a friend always said, "here's to a bright and prosperous future."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a lot going on for you in 2008. Good for you! Happy belated New Year.