Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Snippets of updates

Wow, I didn't realise that I have not posted any entry here for quite a while. Since my wife was discharged from hospital last Wednesday, I had to do a lot of catching up at work. So much needs to be done, so much so that I was not able to focus on other things which are more personal in nature.

Just a few updates:

Alhamdulillah, my wife is recovering well from the surgery last week. She has started working today. Hopefully, her health will continue to improve.

As for the complaint letter I sent regarding the service at a Petronas service station, well both the station manager and the area manager contacted me to apologise. How on earth they got my phone number is still a mystery, although I think I can figure that one out. Anyway, kudos to the both of them for their prompt - and polite - response to the complaint, and for being professional in tackling the issue. I have to say that I am happy that the matter has been resolved.

On a more academic note, I have begun my lectures for the short semester at Universiti Malaya. I find that after a few semesters as a part-time lecturer at Malaysia's oldest university, I am beginning to feel at home and at ease with this role. It's an interesting experience that I really enjoy and cherish.

And finally, that break that I blogged about some time back. After all the things that have been happening of late, I really do need one.

No comments: