Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This is what I do when I am stressed

A few friends asked me why I don't look stressed when I have so many things to do.

The way I look at it is that I do feel stressed. Most of the times, I don't show it to others. Those who are close to me know when I am stressed (or angry or upset).

I guess my secret - if one can call it that - is that whenever I feel stressed (or angry or upset), I would seek refuge in my own world. That world is a world that I "created" where I can seek refuge from the real world. That world is the wonderful world of books.

Books - academic or fictional - to me, offer me escapism. There, I would retreat and unwind. I would interact with words, and characters, and thoughts, and ideas. More often than not, these books offer me one form of solution or another, to the things that stress me out in the first place.

I don't know, it may sound weird to some, but in essence that is what I do when I am stressed. So, now you know.

1 comment:

Izza Hani said...

my escapism at the moment are anime and manga...huhuh