Search Engine

Followers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Picking up Nihon-go

No one says learning a foreign language is easy. It's a challenge, but if one is up to the challenge, the learning process can be rewarding.

I took it upon myself to learn Japanese. Not that I don't have enough in my hands, but it's an opportunity (and challenge) I couldn't resist. Currently, I am learning hiragana which is one of the components in the Japanese writing system. There are 46 characters in hiragana, and I have learned 25. It takes a bit of time and a lot of effort plus memory work to remember all of them, especially if one is not learning this on a full time basis. It is a satisfaction on its own to be able to recognise and read these characters (though often without knowing what the word means).

I sincerely hope that I'd be able to pick up basic Nihon-go in the next year or so. The way I look at it - if other people can learn this language, why can't I?

[I am putting the hiragana table at the top so that I can memorise the characters even when I blog].

2 comments:

Izza Hani said...

a ka sa ta na ha ma ya ra wa o ng...try sing it using rasa sayang eh tunes...ehehehe

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Hehehe.. esok belajar nyanyi dengan Jamil Sensei.