Search Engine

Followers

Monday, May 18, 2009

DUKE

I find the new Duta - Ulu Klang Expressway (DUKE) or the E33 extremely useful. I travel from my home/office in Setiawangsa to Universiti Malaya quite frequently, and since my sister started her short semester classes at the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in Gombak, I have also started to commute there from home as well.

The E33 saved a lot of time spent on the road. This expressway connects major highways and roads which otherwise would require one to drive into the city to get across to these places. And when one is in the city, one would likely be trapped in the customary traffic jam of Kuala Lumpur, massive or otherwise.

Essentially, the E33 enables road users to avoid entering the city. In the past, without the E33, it will take me up to 45 minutes on a good day to reach Universiti Malaya. Nowadays, with the E33, I only need around 20 minutes. Likewise, the travelling time to IIUM has been halved with this expressway.

And all it costs is RM2, which to me is money well spent (considering the amount of time one saves).

2 comments:

Izza Hani said...

harap-harap pengguna jalan raya sudah tak berDUKA sebab DUKE sudah dibuka sepenuhnya :P

Anonymous said...

salam... first time singgah, salam tuan rumah dulu :)