Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The short break that became too long

Guilty, as charged!

My last blog posting was dated 28th August 2011. That was over six months ago. I find myself, interestingly, detoxed for staying away from blogging.

That, and..., Facebook.

Of course, that was not the only reason that I shied away. I just did not feel like blogging during that period. My time was focused on finishing up my PhD thesis, which is currently awaiting examination.

I managed to also finish my third novel, which I hope will see the light of day some time in April or March (and no, it is NOT the sequel to Transgenesis: Bisikan Rimba). What is it called? Who will publish it? Let's just wait for the proper announcement by the publisher, shall we? As for the sequel, yes, it is in the works. I hope to have it published in the second half of 2012.

I have also been keeping busy with my lecturing at the university. Something - which I never thought I would admit - that I really enjoy despite the commitment that lecturing requires. I find lecturing really satisfying.

And last but not least, my family also comes into the picture. With two school-going boys, much attention has to be given (as it should) to them.

So, at the end of the day, blogging comes towards the end of the priority list, which is the reason why the short break became a long one. I wish I was on a long holiday though...

No comments: