Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Interviews

I used to dread interviews. The kind of interviews I dread is no doubt job interviews. But alhamdulillah, all the interviews I went to had been successful.

My first job interview was with an IT solution provider firm. I attended the interview way back in 1996 shortly after returning home from the UK. I got the job but I turned it down.

My second job interview was in the same year with my sponsor, Petronas. Again, I got a job offer for a position in a chemical lab in Kerteh. You guessed it, I turned that down as well.

My third job interview was with a think tank known as MSRC, also in 1996. I got the job, and this time I took it.

My fourth interview was with IKIM in 1998. Again, I got the job, and I left MSRC for IKIM.

My fifth interview was an internal interview for a promotion at IKIM in 2000. Yes, I got the promotion.

Shortly after my promotion, a local corporate giant called me for an interview, though I didn't apply for the job. Again, I got an offer, but I turned it down.

My seventh interview was with USM. This happened in 2004, shortly before my second promotion at IKIM. I got the job, but decided to pass.

So 7 out of 7 is a good record, I'd say.

Nonetheless, there are interviews that I don't dread. These are what we refer to as temu bual or wawancara in Malay. This week alone, I have 2 such interviews.

On Monday, I was interviewed by a Reader's Digest reporter on the issue of organ donation. I forgot to ask when it'd be published, but I'll find out.

Then, on Tuesday, I was interviewed by AkademiDebat.com which can be seen in full here.

6 comments:

marisa said...

i dunno what to say la abang shaikh...Dasyat la...

haih...

and now people still inerviewing you!hehehe...

Anyway, Dasyat la gambar tu. ADUN bahagian mana tu? Jasin ka?

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

hehehe... aduss...
sedikit pembetulan fakta: Jasin takde ADUN.. yang ada MP (Ahli Parlimen)...

Anonymous said...

owh.....hahaha

Anonymous said...

gimme half of your gud luck charm. I need that very badly. It's like living in hell down here! HELPPPPP!!!!!

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Ermmm.. boleh main pass luck ke? Macam cerita "Just My Luck" ler pulak...

Anonymous said...

Will the article in Readers Digest be published in the British version as well (just subcribed to this)? Do you know?

Anak Kedah im Schweiz