Search Engine

Followers

Monday, August 14, 2006

Five seconds of glory

Last week was convocation week at Universiti Malaya. My wife and I both received our master scrolls - my wife on Tuesday afternoon while I got mine the following morning. The convocation ceremony at Malaysia's oldest university was ceremonial and grand. Truth be told, this is my first experience in attending university convocations.

The wait before you actually receive your scroll is long. And it all lasted for about 5 seconds. But it was a memorable 5 seconds. After all the hard work that was put in over the last couple of years, this 5 seconds will be forever etched in my memory.

The journey however is far from over. I've successfully climbed up a hill, but now I'm beginning my climb up a taller hill. Hopefully, I'll get to the PhD hilltop in 2 years time, insya-Allah.

No comments: