Search Engine

Followers

Monday, August 07, 2006

Praying for peace

The end to the Middle East conflict is no where in sight. In fact, it seems to be escalating. I, for one, can only pray for the conflict to cease for the sake of the lives of the innocents. I also hope that the conflict does not escalade into Syria and Iran.

Meanwhile, at home, we see many quarters voicing their concerns over the conflict. Unfortunately, some are taking advantage of this conflict.

I'm quite sure many have received short messages through the mobile phone, asking that we pray for our brothers in Palestine and Lebanon, and that the message should be forwarded to 10 other people. I received several similar messages. But I didn't forward a single one. Not because I do not pity the plight of the Palestinians or the Lebanese people. On the contrary, I do pray for them.

But think for a second... who benefits the most when messages are forwarded? Definitely not the Palestinians and not the Lebanese people.

Those who benefit are those who own the telcos.

Forget the sms. Just pray for peace.

2 comments:

kechi said...

cam terkena lak.. sbb keje ngan digi.. hahahaha

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

tau takper... hehehe