Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Where were you 10 years ago?

I had a long work-related discussion with En. Mazilan yesterday evening. Towards the end of the discussion, I said something along the lines of, "Wonder where we'll be in 10 years time?"

This September marks my 10th year as a working person. Looking back to 1996, I never actually gave it any serious thought as to where I'd be in 2006. Frankly speaking, this past 10 years have been colourful with bittersweet experience. Yet, I believe I have reached and achieved so much in this period of time. Every time I hit a new high, I'd challenge myself to go further, deeper and higher. Otherwise, I'd easily get bored with the same old things.

Which brings me to where I am today. I left my old organisation partly looking for new challenges, opting to take the road less travelled. This new job, while familiar in terms of scope, is challenging. I hope this would fuel my enthusiasm to continue working.

Wonder where I'll be in 10 years time?

No comments: