Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Good start to the week

Alhamdulillah, we're back from our week-long festivity break. I'm back at the office since yesterday, and feeling energised to focus on my work. The first 2 days of the week have been very good. I managed to get a few things done, and looking forward to settling more things by the week's end.

Things are also looking up at the office. Insya-Allah, the Yayasan will be able to shift into high gear by the year's end. I hope by then we will be able to take in a few staff to help around the office.

I have also submitted my PhD application at UM earlier today --- finally. If everything goes well, I shall start my PhD journey next academic semester which is also due to start at the end of the year.

I also hope to start writing my second novel. The plot has been hatched, it's just a matter of putting words to the story. If I can concentrate on this, I hope to submit it for a literary competition organised by Utusan Publications and Distributors. The deadline for this year's competition is 31st December. Wonder whether I can get it done. Hmmm...

After 5 years of waiting, the house that we bought in Hulu Langat is also near completion. According to the developer, we should get the keys to the house in early 2007. My wife is also in the process of purchasing an apartment near my office. Most probably we'll be staying at the apartment, while the quaint little bungalow in Hulu Langat will be our weekend and holiday home.

Oh, well, whatever it is, I have no complaints. After all, this week has been off to a good start, perhaps due to the barakah of Ramadhan and Syawal. I sincerely pray that everything from here onwards will be smooth sailing, insya-Allah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...banyak nye rumah...