Search Engine

Followers

Monday, October 16, 2006

Tip of the tongue

Of all places for an ulcer...

I wasn't able to talk for 3 days as a result of the ulcer on the tip of my tongue. I still can't speak perfectly as yet. Perhaps it'll be better in a few days time, insya-Allah.

I'm used to having ulcers on my lips, but never on my tongue. Ulcers on lips are not too hard to manage, just avoid contact with the ulcer and you'll be able to get along quite well. But this is not the case if the ulcer is on your tongue. It was a very painful experience.

Alas, it was a test in Ramadhan. I learned the meaning of patience, perseverence and endurance. I also learnt the meaning of thankfulness. We rarely if ever remember that the tongue is a ni'mah or blessing from Allah SWT. When Allah SWT wills for an ulcer to form at the tip of my tongue, then only I remember how precious the tongue is - how it is an important organ in many things. Now, I will never take the tongue for granted.

Also, I believe that this is a form of kafarah that I have to undergo in this auspicious month of Ramadhan. Perhaps, it is a way to wash away some of my sins through this painful experience, wallahu'alam.

Whatever it was, an ulcer at the tip of the tongue is an experience not easily forgotten.

No comments: