Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Busy as a bee

What a morning! My maid's room was infested with some 30 bees, probably trying to find a new place for their hive. Yesterday, they came into her room via the window, but she managed to shoo them away. Today, the bees were determined not to leave. This, needless to say, is not good news because I don't want anybody in the household (especially my 2-year old son) to get stung by a bee, what more a swarm of bees.

So, after consulting several people, I was told that the best way to shoo away bees is to use smoke. Essentially, that took up my whole morning. First, trying to get the bees out of the house by burning rags tied at the end of a mop. The bees surely hated the smoke. They got out but there were some stubborn ones as well.

Then, after most of them are out, I had to make sure that there are no holes that they can use to enter again. So, I was busy covering all possible entrance to the room that could be used by the bees while making sure no bees were left in the room. All this took me about 3 hours or so. I only got into the office just after 12 o'clock.

This is perhaps the closest encounter I have had with a swarm of bees. Most definitely, it's not something that I'd like to go through again.

2 comments:

JIE said...

I wonder what attracted the bees into the room in the first place?

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

I have no idea what attracted the bees. It was sure mysterious to me, something out of X-Files.