Search Engine

Followers

Monday, February 04, 2008

It's February already

Time sure flies when you're having fun. Or rather, when you're busy.

Such is the case with me. January has been a very eventful month that I find it difficult to believe that we're already in February. And before you know it, February too will be over - more so with it being the shortest month and 3 days of the month are public holidays (not counting weekends).

So what are my targets for this month?

Workwise, I need to oversee that the consultancy project with Yayasan Pelajaran MARA begins without any hiccups. That in itself is taking a lot of my time these past couple of weeks. In any case, with the Project Director and two key personnels already reported for duty on the 1st of this month, I expect they will be able to get things into second gear.

Also, my focus also falls on two books that Yayasan Ilmuwan is publishing this year. One is a collection of articles on "Islam Hadhari" while the other is Fikri's memoir entitled Echoes of My Heart. The former is more or less almost done - I just need to get four more articles from three very busy writers (sigh!). As for the latter, I am doing the research this month by interviewing the surgeons, doctors and nurses who were involved with Fikri at Institut Jantung Negara as well as his family members. The memoir project has attracted the attention of a VVIP who is willing to launch the memoir when it's ready. So, I guess I have to put my heart and soul into this very important project.

On a more personal note, if everything goes as planned, my family will move into our own home later this month. The apartment is currently being renovated but I don't expect the renovation works to take too long.

Studywise, I have begun to scribble a note or two for the first two chapters of my PhD's thesis. Since most of my working hours are spent on work, I have to use my evenings and weekends to bury myself in books at the library of Universiti Malaya.

This week is the semester break for most public universities including Universiti Malaya. Next week though, I will start lecturing to Universiti Malaya's Faculty of Science students taking the subject of "Science and Religion." I share this class with my PhD supervisor - I teach five weeks of the subject (sandwiched between my supervisor's turns). Personally, I look forward to this.

I have actually taken quite a long break from creative writing. I guess time hasn't really permitted me to focus so much on this. Nonetheless, I hope to start writing a script for a 90-minute drama set in pre-independent Malaya. And I also hope to get my anthology of science fiction-themes short stories done.

All in all, it looks like the short month of February seems pretty packed for me. At least, this will keep me on my toes. And if time permits, I'll certainly be blogging - so don't forget to come and check from time to time.

2 comments:

Izza Hani said...

It's good to hear that you are busy again...hehehe.

arsaili said...

salam bro, it has been a long time..so busy at d moment..harap semua as what my plan la kan..urs too!