Search Engine

Followers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Fabulous February

What a month February is turning out to be.

The consultancy project that we're working on is now running at third gear. This Thursday, we'll be interviewing candidates to fill up 22 vacancies available. In the meantime, I have been tasked with identifying and locating a suitable office space, and if everything goes as planned, we'll be moving to Setiawangsa Business Suites some time in March.

I have also started collected the needed data and information for Fikri's memoir, Echoes of My Heart. Fikri's mother, Puan Fatimah, is also helping out especially with arranging for interviews with family members and friends as well as collecting pictures and newspaper cuttings of Fikri. We have also discussed some technical aspects for the publication of the memoir.

Renovation (albeit minor) for the apartment that my wife bought is ongoing. The contractor informed me that everything will be done next Monday. Hopefully we can move in by the end of this month. When we move into the apartment and when Yayasan Ilmuwan moves into Setiawangsa Business Suites, this would mean that it will only take me about three minutes to walk from my apartment to my office! I have never thought that this would be possible for someone working in Kuala Lumpur, but alas, when this day comes, it will be like a dream come true.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow afternoon when I start my lecture at Universiti Malaya. I am scheduled to give two one-hour lectures weekly for five weeks. The lectures are on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. After my lectures, I guess I'll be spending my time at the university's library - one of my favourite spots in the university. At least I can use the time to search for references needed for my PhD research.

Yesterday, I attended a meeting with the buyers of the housing project in Hulu Langat. I bought a plot of land there and the house was already near completion. Unfortunately, the developer was issued a stop-work order by the municipal council. Essentially, the meeting was organised to plan ahead on what needs to be done to alleviate the problem. It was a fruitful meeting, and hopefully, we can have the keys to the house by the year's end. It has been a long enough wait as it is already.

The month of February has certainly be packed so far, but what's more important is that it has been productive. Let's hope that this positive momentum stays that way.

No comments: