Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hamburg - Day 1

I am currently in Hamburg, Germany attending a three-day conference which begins tomorrow. The journey here has been quite long. At this age, I don't really fancy long distance trips but sometimes they are just unavoidable.

In any case, the first thing I noticed with a sense of déjà-vu is the cool summer temperature. It is very pleasant to be walking around without feeling too hot or too cold. This is one of the things I miss of temperate countries.

The long journey has been tiring. Fortunately, the only thing in the programme today was the reception and registration which was very much informal. The paper presenters got the chance to meet and mingle over buffet refreshments at the conference venue which is the university's guest house.

The conference will begin tomorrow. I would definitely want to get some rest especially to overcome the jet lag after a 20 hours journey.

No comments: