Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Chance encounter

I spent part of my day at IIM recording a couple of episodes of "Say It, Malaysia" to be aired at 6.30 a.m. beginning July over at RTM2. The producer is Habsah Hassan, renowned film producer, script-writer and lyricist.

I had the opportunity to meet her today and even had lunch with her. She was warm and very friendly. We chatted about a lot of things, mainly about her endeavours and interests. At the moment, she said she's not making any movies for the time being because she is "recuperating" from the lost incurred from her last movie, "Qaisy and Laila." She gave me complimentary VCDs of the movie along with 2 other movies, "Soal Hati" and "Soalnya Siapa?" She was producer and script-writer of these movies.

I also asked her why she hasn't written any lyrics these days. She said that she still does, though not as productive as before. I really miss her lyrics that used to be ubiquitous in the 1980s and 1990s. I think during those days, any songs with lyrics by Habsah Hassan would certainly be sentimental hits.

I hope she'll continue making movies and writing lyrics for songs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

betul..tak ada orang lain yang hebat dalam menulis lirik lagu macam habsah hassan. hanya lagu-lagu dia saja yang boleh menyentuh perasaan.

dan zetty rasa semua orang membesar dengan lagu-lagu beliau. kirim salam kat habsah hassan ye, abang shaikh?(nak otgraf dia?)

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Hehehe, insya-Allah kalau abang berkesempatan jumpa dia lagi, abang akan minta autograf dia.