Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Nostalgic interlude

I went to Suria KLCC around noon today to pick up something for my lovely missus at one of the jewellery outlets there. I parked my car at Ampang Park because I have some errands to run nearby before taking the LRT to KLCC. As those who are familiar with the KLCC station would know, to get to Suria KLCC you'd have to walk through a tunnel of sorts that runs under Jalan Ampang.

Truth be told, I have not taken the LRT to KLCC in ages. Usually, I'd just drive and park at the KLCC parking. Anyway, as I walked through the tunnel towards Suria KLCC from the LRT station, I couldn't help but notice a man who looks like a hybrid of an 80s rocker (imagine Amy Search with long hair and tight jeans) and a hippie (imagine John Lennon after he left the Beatles). This man, I presume, is a street entertainer of sorts, singing and playing his guitar in return for some cash from passers-by.

Actually, what caught my attention was not his appearance. I'm almost numbed to the appearances of people in KL anyway. What really caught my attention was his songs. As I passed by, he was singing "Stand by Me." Suddenly I felt as if I wasn't in KL, rather I felt as if I was in London, walking in the London Underground stations.

After I finished my errand at Suria KLCC, I walked back using the same route to get back to the LRT station, and again the guy was still there. This time, belting out Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door," which sounded very much like the Guns n Roses' version. Again, his singing took me back to London.

This guy's singing is something. Personally, I felt that he is far better than those "instant noodles" singers that came out of those reality programmes on television.

Anyway, the trip down memory lane was indeed nostalgic. It has been a decade since I left the UK. This only further drives home the point that time does indeed fly.

3 comments:

kechi said...

yeah.. remembered that clearly when go through the london underground tunnel.. hehe

marisa said...

(takde pengalaman ke luar negara macam encik ned dan abang shaikh.) takde duit..saya orang miskin...

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

ermmm... don't be like that one... insya-Allah ada rezeki sampailah nanti