Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ahlan wa sahlan ya Ramadhan

I had wanted to post this on the blog before Ramadhan began. But I didn't, partly because of what happened to my laptop. Still not fixed, in case anyone is asking. And I'm using my wife's laptop at the moment, again in case anyone is wondering.

In any case, I don't think it's too late to welcome the month of Ramadhan al-Mubarak. So far, I am enjoying Ramadhan, more so than previous years. I found that I have been very productive workwise compared to previous months. Spiritually, I am also enjoying the nightly rituals of Tahlil, Terawih and Witir - a feeling that is reminiscent to my days in Glasgow.

Back then, my fellow students and I used to commune at the Malaysian Students Centre at Albert Road in Glasgow, where I was a resident. I was one of those entrusted with leading the Terawih and Witir prayers. After the prayers, we would sit down for moreh. In retrospect, what we went through strengthened our friendship that lasts till this day.

Let us all pray that all of us would be able to reap the many rewards and bounties of Ramadhan of 1427 Hijriyyah. Amin!

No comments: