Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Musical interlude

Music is part and parcel of our lives. It livens our day. It colours our mood. It reflects our emotions. We can tell what someone is feeling from the music he or she plays frequently. Such is the power of music.

I find it hard to find songs that I like. For me a good song has to have a powerful melody and a meaningful lyric. I am sure that you'll agree if I say that there are not many good songs out there.

Back during my teenage years and student days, I used to like to listen to songs that somehow I could relate to. These songs somehow manage to pull my heart strings. But this was years ago.

Of late, I begin to listen to music again. I notice that good music would spark my creative juice (for writing). Like I said earlier, a good song has to have a powerful melody and a meaningful lyric. Currently Adibah Noor's "Terlalu Istimewa" and Samsons' "Kenangan Terindah" top my favourites list.

I am also trying to rekindle memories of yesteryear by trying to recall the songs I used to listen to when I was a student in the UK.

What are your favourites?

Update: Zetty suggested Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" and Muse's "Starlight". I had a listen to "You Raise Me Up" and realised it is one of my favourites from my past, only being sung by a new singer. Anyhow, I got this at YouTube.com and hope you all will enjoy this rendition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Favourite song during busy season in office when everyone has to work till midnight: - Home by Michael Buble. Why? See the excerpt from the lyrics below. *LOL*

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home

Let me go home
I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home