Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Surreal day

Yesterday was surreal. When out of the blue, people from your past visit your present, it certainly brings about a difficult-to-picture feeling.

It all began yesterday afternoon when a former housemate who is now working in Kerteh dropped by to say hi. It was nice to see Azizi again after all these years. The last time I met him was in Kerteh many many years ago when I had a programme there.

Then hours later, things even got weirder. A reunion of sorts was planned at KLCC. My wife, my son and I went to KLCC to meet up with friends from days past. To be more precise, our school buddies, some of whom we haven't seen since 1991.

It felt as if suddenly our time from school suddenly collided with our lives today. It was an odd, but wonderful, feeling. Too bad it was only for a short while. At least, in that brief period of time, we managed to catch up, and of course, do the obligatory namecard exchange routine.

Time sure flies. I'm not sure how long it'd be before I bump into them again.

No comments: