Search Engine

Followers

Friday, February 02, 2007

Lavender wedding

Last Saturday, my wife and I attended a wedding reception. We received the invitation from En. Ibrahim Apandi (my student advisor in UK). His son was tying the knot, and the reception was held Dewan Perdana Felda.

Naturally, as En. Ibrahim is a manager in Petronas, I would bump into my friends from my Glasgow days. It was nice to see these familiar faces again. Hakimi and his wife Dr Eytaa, Hakim and his wife Dem, the ever-eloquent Taufik a.k.a. Boonz, Dr. Reezal and his wife Nira, and Dr. Aida Harlina. These were all my contemporaries in Glasgow. Some, like Dr. Reezal and Nira, I haven't seen since their wedding many years ago.

It struck me that these days it's getting more difficult to meet people from this particular era of my life. When I chatted with Taufik who was seated next to me, it dawned on me that I've basically lost track of many of my friends who were with me in Glasgow. I do occassionally bump into them from time to time, either at KLCC or functions such as weddings. Truth be told though, these days weddings are getting few and far between.

It was fun catching up with these friends of mine, albeit the time spent was brief. While enjoying the food, we took the opportunity reminiscing and laughing at the past.

All in all, I had a good time at the wedding. The theme was lavender. The atmosphere was grand. All these, in the company of old friends.

To the newlyweds, Switzwan and Marzuin, congratulations.

And to my old friends, don't be a stranger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey do you read the Education in Malaysia blog by any chance? The last post by the author really rattled me! *lol*