Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

That one decision in life...

I am somewhat nostalgic, perhaps overly-nostalgic, this afternoon. For some reason, I got myself thinking about my memories of Scotland, a place where I called home for nearly half a decade. Without actually realising it, it has been 13 years since I left Scotland. Time does actually fly, I guess.

Never in my wildest dreams when I was growing up would I think that I would wound up in Scotland. But alas, that decision that I made in December 1991 changed the course of my life. Regrets I have none. Only fond memories of the lochs and the bens of Scotland, as well as its unique culture and friendly people that I got to know over the years.

While it is true that there is no place like home, and home to me is Malaysia, I have to say that if ever there is a second home for me, then Scotland would be the place.

No comments: