Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Green fingers

I was at the Malaysian Agro Exposition Park (MAEP) in MARDI, Serdang yesterday afternoon to chair a seminar organised in conjuction with the Malaysian Agricultural, Horticultural and Agrotourism (MAHA) Exposition 2006. The seminar went very well, and I was very happy with the way things turned out. Being a regular at many many academic seminars, I must say that the outcome of this particular seminar which tackled the topic of "Islam and Genetic Engineering" was very positive.

On a side note, may I suggest that everyone visit MAHA. From where I was yesterday, the expo was impressive and attractive AND educational. There were thousands of people yesterday, and more are expected to be there on a daily basis until the last day which is this coming Sunday. I love gardening, though I've to admit I've not been doing much gardening this past year or so - hence, the opportunity to be at MAHA was certainly something that I cannot simply ignore. Even if gardening is not your cup of tea, if you have the time, do have a visit, and I'm sure you'll leave feeling satisfied.

I know that I was satisfied yesterday so much so that I'm even thinking of going to MAHA again this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaikh and gardening.... hmmm... kinda hard picturing you pottering around the garden and surrounded by plants dying to be pruned and watered *lol*. Just pulling your leg.

btw, just a food for though - talking to plants actually make them grow a lot quicker cos they need the CO2 (our breath) to photosynthisise.

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Gardening is just one of my many interests. Unfortunately, I don't do it that often any more. Blame it on my other hobby that has become my work... writing.

Another food for thought... it is also healthy for us to be around plants, as they release the oxygen that we inhale.