Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

100 faces... 100 hopes

Last Sunday was the last day I spent with the 100 students who underwent an intensive Japanese language course. Over the past 10 weeks, I got to know these wonderful, hardworking and energetic students from all over the country. They finished the course with flying colours, having picked up Japanese quite well. If you listen to them speaking Japanese with your eyes closed, you wouldn't think for a second that they have only learnt the language about 2 and a half months ago - and you wouldn't certainly think that the ones speaking Japanese are Malaysians!

It was in a way quite emotional for the students on their last day of the programme. They received their certificates and put up a show for their parents and guardians. I could see it in their eyes that they are all destined for a great future ahead of them. Each of them carries within themselves hopes for a better future for the country.

I wish them all the very best. I'm not sure whether I'll see them again, but I know that the time spent training these students were one of the best times in my life. I have certainly been motivated to better myself. As a matter of fact, I have challenged myself to do something I never thought of before... and that is to learn Japanese.

And for this new challenge I put to myself, I say to these students, arigatogozaimasu.

1 comment:

kechi said...

hontoni?? yare yare..