Search Engine

Followers

Sunday, March 04, 2007

If I could reach higher

Everyone has dreams. Everyone has ambitions. Everyone has their targets in life.

Throughout my relatively short time on this planet, I have set many targets in my life. Some, I have achieved. Others, I have surpassed. A few, I have yet to reach. The rest, however, may not be realised.

Being human, nonetheless, I have never been satisfied with my achievements. I feel that I could do better. I know that I can do more. I feel that I have yet to reach my peak.

Am I being ambitious if I set targets that others may deem unrealistic? Am I being dreamy for trying to do things that people may think ridiculous?

I do things because I want to do them. I do things because I know that I can accomplish them. I do things, for the most part, to challenge myself to be a better person.

The year 2007 has so far been pretty good, alhamdulillah. I have set in motion many things that I have set to accomplish by the year's end. In fact, I have achieved some of them already. All I need to do now is to work towards the achievements of these goals.

Some of these goals are very personal, as such they cannot be made public. But there are others that are not, and these will be blogged here from time to time. Whatever these goals may be, I pray to Allah SWT that I'll be given the strength, energy, good health and wisdom to realise them.

Of course, just like everyone else, ultimately, my goal is to attain happiness in this world and the hereafter. And truth be told, no other target or ambition is higher than this.

No comments: