Search Engine

Followers

Friday, November 10, 2006

Friends

Friends are an integral part of one's life. From my observation, friends who last the trial of time are actually your childhood friends. You know them (and they know you) before anyone is established in life. As such, they don't have any preconceived images or expectations of you. They know you for who you really are, and not for what you have become in life.

As I mentioned in my previous post, over the past week, I managed to trace back quite a number of my school buddies, thanks to an e-mail that started from another friend, Puah Soo Shin. Now the number on the mailing list is growing, and we've traced down friends who are now in the US of A, the Land Down Under, Singapore, and perhaps others.

Interestingly enough, I managed to meet up with one of them, Wong Chee Meng, earlier today. While the meeting was brief, we managed to catch up a bit. After all, we've not seen each other in over 5 years. It'd be good to see most, if not all, of my school buddies in the near future, some of whom I've not seen since I left for the UK in January 1992.

Whatever it is, friendship is the next thing after family that should be cherished and treasured all through your life.

No comments: