Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Memories past

My old friends from school just set up a Yahoo Group so that we could get in touch. Although we have yet to meet up, we have been sending messages and posting photos.

Today, an episode of my past was put up on the group. The group moderator, Sreedharan - or Sree, for short - found some old photos taken in 1990 of us acting in a drama, which I was the director and producer. For the life of me, I had totally forgotten about this episode in my life. Sree sure did manage to stir some "fun and crazy" memories that we went through as a class. Having said that, I can't remember what the story was about, but I do remember some characters - a medicine man (played by Chee Hong), a witch (played by Paul Raj), a bad guy (played by Ariff Murzali), the hero (played by Sree) and the heroine (played by Maya Syahira). I was in the play as well, but I can't remember what my role was.

Talk about getting old. And looking at the photo, I cannot believe how skinny I was. Or a more appropriate question would be, how much weight I've put on since!

Hehehe... talk about good old memories. As long as you cherish them, they'll bring a smile on your face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it 1990? I thot it was during the time when Puan Lee Bee Lai was our English Teacher in Form 2. I remember all of us have to act out something !

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

The one with Puan Lee Bee Lai was when we were in Form 1 (1987). But if I recall correctly, that was just something that involved our class and 1A2.

The one in 1990 was a bigger scale as it was organised by the English Language Society, and each class had to send in at least one entry. Again, if I recall correctly, our class sent in 2 groups.