Search Engine

Followers

Friday, November 24, 2006

Relocating

Yayasan Ilmuwan was informed by the landlord a couple of days ago that we'll have to move out from the current office. The Yayasan occupies a small corner of a huge office block which is otherwise empty for the past 4 years or so. The whole building apparently has a potential buyer who wants to convert it into a private college's branch campus.

Therefore, for the past couple of days, the Yayasan's executive chairman and I have been busy scouting and viewing potential locations for our office. It's a bit exhausting and somewhat tedious, but it's something that needs to be done.

We have viewed 7 potential locations at 3 different buildings in Kuala Lumpur. It is almost certain that we'll be shifting to the one situated at AmpWalk at Jalan Ampang. Unless something else turns up, we'll be moving there in December.

As I type this, I am looking at the books, journals and magazines in my room. The last time we moved, I needed 12 boxes to squeeze in all my stuff. I wonder how many boxes I need this time around?

Relocating is not something I really look forward to. *Sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it *lol* Our office will be relocated to KL Sentral next year. Th thought of going thru my stuff and putting them in boxes is scaring me.

Have you guys tried Wisma Sime Darby? Since we will be vacating their office space from June next year.

marisa said...

.....tanak tukar angin ke JB pulak ke? Hahaha...

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Pinky, unfortunately we don't have until June next year. The building will be sold by the year's end, so in all probability, we have to vacate the place in a couple of week's time.

JB jauh sgt ler.. hehehe...