Search Engine

Followers

Friday, November 30, 2007

Worth waiting for

It took well over a year, but I guess it's worth the wait. After submitting the application last year, I finally got a letter of offer to do PhD at Universiti Malaya a couple of days ago. I have since accepted the offer, and will be doing the obligatory health check next week, before registering before Hari Raya Aidiladha.

So after much delay, I will finally embark on the next level of education. As I will be doing this while I'm working (along with the other stuff I do), I pray that I be given the strength and good health to continue my studies.

The university gives each candidate a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 8 years to complete the doctorate. As I am self-financed, I aim to complete the thesis within 2 years. That is a challenge that I put before myself.

4 comments:

arsaili said...

Tahniah..welcome to the "PhD' world...what subject? don't tell me chemistry..ehehe

Pinky said...

Cool - what will be the topic of your dissertation? I got to address you as Dr right after complete it... *lol*

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Saudara Arsaili, terima kasih. No, not doing chemistry... haha... dah lama tinggalkan dunia kimia tu. Bidang research saya adalah "Falsafah Sains."

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Pinky, u can call me as what u've been calling me since 1987...*lol* Oh, my... 1987! That was 20 years ago.