Search Engine

Followers

Friday, June 19, 2009

A good indication

Last week, shortly after class, a student of mine walked up to me. He is an international student, and he said, "My friends and I have been wondering..."

"Yes?" I asked.

"What course will you be teaching next semester?"

"As far as I have been informed, I will still be teaching this subject."

"Any other subjects besides this?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Owh."

I noticed his disappointment, and promptly asked, "Why did you ask?"

"We thought we wanted to enrol in the subjects that you'll be teaching."

I just smiled in response.

I have been asked to teach this subject, History and Philosophy of Science, by the university. And I was asked to make things simple. This subject is considered a killer subject by many students of the Faculty of Science. I have tried my best, and now we're coming towards the end of the short semester. If the above dialogue is any indication, I would think that I may have succeeded to a certain extent.

And of course, the final exam result will paint the true story.

No comments: