Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Well-deserved Datukship

I just would like to express my happiness and extend my congratulations to my former boss at the Institute of Islamic Understanding Malaysia (IKIM), who is the Deputy Director-General of the institute, on the Datukship he received from the Yang Dipertuan Agong.

In recent weeks, people have been talking about how some would go distance to buy titles like Datuk. But in the case of Datuk Nik Mustapha Haji Nik Hassan, he truly deserves the accolade for his hard work and integrity. I have had the pleasure of working as a staff under him for close to eight years, and in that time, I have indeed learnt a lot from him. To my mind, this Datukship is actually long overdue.

Congratulations, Datuk.

[Looks like I'll have to adjust to calling him Datuk Nik from now on].

1 comment:

Izza Hani said...

omedeto gozaimasu to Datuk Nik.