Search Engine

Followers

Monday, June 11, 2007

Close encounter

Last Saturday morning, I had a meeting with someone from GBSB at KLCC. We decided to have an informal discussion, so we headed to the food court at level 4. As we were discussing over a cup of milo and a cup of coffee, suddenly there was a huge crowd. I wondered whether there was an artiste around. Instead, we found out it was Tun Dr. Mahathir strolling at the food court. His presence surely caught the attention of everyone there. I was pleased to see passers-by coming up to him to shake his hands and wish him well.

This was my first encounter with the Tun up close and personal since he retired, and the first time I saw him in public since he was discharged from IJN recently. I have met him a number of times before when he was still Prime Minister. While it was good to see him out and about, I was surprised to see how thin he is now.

Whatever it is, I pray for his good health and well-being.

No comments: