Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Vanishing act

I had wanted to blog about this for quite some time. But before I go further, a disclaimer: Please note that I am not in any way putting down any brand or product. My comment here is just my personal observation on how this particular product is advertised on tv.

The product I refer to is Vanish. The commercial on Vanish has been on for quite a while, and is usually aired during prime time. What the commercial is trying to put across is that this detergent/softener called Vanish does not ruin your clothes like some other products. Okay, that's fine by me. I don't have any qualms about this.

However, what I find ridiculously absurd is that during the course of the commercial, the guy poured a lot - and I mean, a lot - of the liquid into the washing machine to prove his point. Personally, I will not buy this product if you have to use a lot of the liquid as portrayed in the commercial. What's the point if you need to pour half the liquid from its container into the washing machine each time you do your laundry? If this is so, then to me the product is not effective in getting out stains and cleaning your clothes. What's more, it wouldn't be economical to the consumers. After two or three washes, you'd have to get a new bottle.

I know I may just be nitpicking the commercial, but really, if I were the owner of the company producing the product, I would be more sensitive to the way my product is being portrayed in the commercial. And as a consumer, I would want value for money. Otherwise, my money will just vanish into thin air.

No comments: