Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hospital calls

When it rains, it pours - so they say.

I find myself visiting friends or their family members who hadn't been well this past few weeks. First, it was Aza who lost her two-year old about two weeks ago. Then, Fikri,who is a heart recipient, was warded in IJN last week.

On Tuesday, I visited one of my former co-workers at IKIM who underwent a knee surgery at Pusrawi. Kak Wan seems to be recovering well although she will have to use a crutch in the foreseeable future. Kak Wan by the way is the person who co-ordinated the translation of Ibn Battutah's magnum opus into Malay - Pengembaraan Ibn Battutah. I must recommend this book. It is a must read for everyone.

Yesterday evening, I received a text message from my boss informing me that his wife is warded since the night before because of some complications relating to her pregnancy. Update: She has given birth via C-section surgery around 9.30 p.m. to a baby boy. As the baby is prematuredly born, he is now in the ICU of Tawakal Hospital, but in stable condition.

I pray that everyone will be given the strength in view of these tests from Allah SWT. This is indeed a testing period for some of my friends, and I pray that things will improve for them.

No comments: