Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wasted reload

My one week away from KL was indeed refreshing. I felt like as if I was recharged, rejuvenated and raring to go. If I were a web browser, it's like someone had just hit the 'reload' or 'refresh' button on the screen.

I came back on Sunday, and traffic was smooth all the way - which made for a pleasant cruise along the E1 highway. [Note: I prefer the numbering system to our highways, as opposed to naming them after the toll concessionaires - PLUS, ELITE, LITRAK, GCE, etc.]. For those who may not be aware, E1 refers to the North-South Expressway.

Anyhow, I came back to KL welcomed by news of flash floods. Fortunately, the route that I took wasn't affected. But watching and reading news about the floods wasn't the kind of welcome I expected when returning to the city.

I came into the office yesterday, armed with renewed energy and vigour to get all my tasks done. But to my horror, more than half of my room at the office was drenched and soaked. Not because of the flash floods as my room is on the top floor. Rather, it was caused by the already leaking roof made worse by the heavy rain over the past few days. Suddenly this story is starting to sound like the leak at the Parliament.

As a result, instead of doing actual work yesterday, I had to spend my time moving my things to another room (a dry one, thank goodness).

What a waste to being recharged and reloaded over the last week.

Oh, and a note to the boss. It's time to look for a new office space.

No comments: