Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lights on

Last Thursday close to midnight, I drove back from Shah Alam to Kuala Lumpur. Instead of using the usual highway that I use, I decided to take the Federal Highway and drove inside KL before heading towards Hulu Kelang where I live. After all, traffic that night was very light.

I seldom drive at night, so I don't really get to see KL at night time. I noticed that some of the buildings in the capital are well-lit at night, so much so that you'd forget that they're so bland during the day. I have to say that three buildings in particular caught my attention for being very beautifully-lit.

Too bad I didn't bring my camera. Even if I did, it'd be difficult and dangerous to capture these buildings while driving. In any case, the following are my Top 3 favourite buildings which are, to my eyes at least, resplendent:
  1. The DBKL Headquarters at Jalan Raja Laut: The colourful lights lighting up the building tower is nothing short of majestic and eye-catching.
  2. The Medan MARA Building at Jalan Raja Laut: The blue lights adoring the building's blue columns certainly made this otherwise dull-looking building during the day shines with great splendour at night.
  3. The Istana Budaya at Jalan Tun Razak: The rainbow coloured lights that shines this building makes this theatre look magical.
There you go. I suddenly feel like a building critic though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Amir...
Guess you ought to bring the real Amir with you the next time you wandering the city at night. He can hold the steering while you capture the pix. Or, perhaps the other way round... eekekekekeke...

JIE said...

Salam Kelana,

Makes me feel like going for a midnight drive hehehe tapi kena cari bodyguard dulu, sebab sekarang banyak mat rempit & road bully.

Dull-looking, eh? :-)

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

OD, Amir kecil tu pantang nampak kamera. Bukan setakat nak pegang, siap suruh ambil gambar dia lagi... hehe

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Salam Jie,
Nasib baik masa lalu area tu takder mat rempit dan road bully. But I have seen the rempits in action at Jalan Raja Laut. Itu kes tak ingat dunia dah tu.