Search Engine

Followers

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Hyperdrive

It has been over a week since I last blogged. Not that there's nothing to blog, but I just felt I needed some time away from blogging to focus on my writing. I may take more time off from blogging again when the need arises.

Essentially, much of my time last week has been devoted to finishing my second novel. I couldn't do much writing at night as my son has been sleeping late. So, I had to use whatever free time I have during the day for writing.

I have nearly finished Transgenesis. The way it has turned out is quite a pleasant surprise for me personally. Just three more chapters to go before I pen my final word for the novel.

All throughout the week without blogging, I have also started thinking on other plotlines that could be further developed into either novels, short stories or drama scripts. This is what happened when the brain goes into hyperdrive all of a sudden.

So, if I suddenly become quiet right here in the blogosphere, you know where my brain is... in hyperdrive.

2 comments:

JIE said...

Salam Kelana,

Hyper-creativity? :-) Oh well, a loss to blogosphere, although I hope it's temporary. Personally, I'm eager to get my hands on a copy of Transgenesis! Not many local authors dare to write sci fi.

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Salam Jie,
I have been informed that there are many aspiring sci-fi authors here in Malaysia. The problem is not the shortage of authors, but rather the publishers who do not dare to venture into the unknown. We have yet to really test the local sci-fi market.
In any case, a local publisher will be attempting to break into this genre. Beginning this October, it will release one sci-fi/fantasy title each month. As it is, the publisher has 10 titles in the pipeline.