Search Engine

Followers

Friday, September 14, 2007

Tagged for the third time

Looks like I have been tagged again, this time by a friend from Down Under, Arsaili.

Okay then, here goes...

Eight random facts/habits about me:

1. Likes things to be in order:
Order out of chaos, that's me. Remember the Periodic Table of Elements that chemists use? Well, the table is constructed as a means to make sense of the chemical world. I am just like that. Everything has to be in sensible order. Even my clothes hangers are colour-coded. Red hangers for t-shirts, green hangers for Nehru-collar shirts, pink hangers for office shirts, etc. Weird, huh?

2. Cringes at the sight of spelling mistakes:
I am one of those who are so particular about spelling mistakes, be they in English or Malay. I can forgive unintentional typos but deliberate mistakes would make me cringe, especially if I find them in books or newspapers which are supposed to be well-edited.

3. Loves good food:
I love eating. Never mind I don't eat that much but the fact is that I enjoy good food. Over the years, I have developed a taste for the European, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, North African and Indian food aside from the usual Malay and Malaysian dishes we have here. However, I still can't get the hang of Japanese food.

4. Blog addict:
I am a blog addict. 'Nuff said.

5. The pen is mightier than the sword:
I like to write. Writing used to be a hobby of mine. But now it has become an essential part of my life. I am not a good speaker, therefore writing is the preferred medium for me to air my views.

6. Bookworm:
I think I am stuck with this image even from my school days. I love reading. I think I can read almost anything as long as I can understand the language.

7. Punctuality freak:
I am most particular about punctuality. I prefer to be early than have people waiting for me. Usually, when a promise is made, I would make sure I'll get there at least 15 minutes before the actual time. I believe that the ability to be punctual shows a lot about a person's character.

8. Weird sense of humour:
I appreciate intelligent humour which is hard to come by. I don't like slapsticks or in-your-face humour. Instead I prefer the more subtle type where you don't see it coming. Just watch "Blackadder," "Fawlty Towers" or "One Foot in the Grave," and you'll know what I mean. Perhaps my time spent in Britain made me more accustomed to the British sense of humour.

Tagging rules:
  1. Each blogger must post these rules.
  2. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  3. Bloggers that are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and to read your blog.
People I'd like to tag:

In alphabetical order, they are:
  1. Fikri
  2. Izza Aripin
  3. Jie
  4. John Norafizan
  5. Nor Ash Burn
  6. Opah De
  7. Pinky
  8. Temasik Temagi

6 comments:

arsaili said...

wow..thats a good one..the clothes hangers...things in order always good to see and make our life easier.How's ur wife get along with this weird habit? eheheh

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Hehehe... my wife initially found it odd. Tapi sekarang nie rasanya dia pun dah terikut sikit bab tu.

Unknown said...

I knew it! I knew it! It's a trap... uwaaaaaaaa.... I can't reveal myself to anyone. I can't share any of my secrets. People will know things I don't want them to know about me. People will use it against me. I won't be able to deny it once I, myself revealed my own flaw! I don't thinks so I'll do it...
ekekekekeke... just wanna be a diva for a day... Happy breakfasting.

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Wah OD. Not only are you a novelist, but you are a dramatist as well. :-)
I can see it now, you at the podium receiving the Oscar, and you say, "Lihatlah duniaaa..."
Hehehe... just kidding. Happy breakfasting to you too.

Unknown said...

:) salam ramadhan....

puntuality! rare trait these days, but one which i too value...
very very seldom am i late for an appointment. Cant remember the last time....

Typo errors....erkk....i do plenty. sorry to make u cringe...all unintentional I assure u.

blog addict. Same here and enjoying the addiction!

idham

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Salam Ramadhan saudara Idham. Thanks for dropping by.