Search Engine

Followers

Friday, August 24, 2007

Blast from the past

From time to time, people from your past would cross your path. When that happens to me, I would usually be overwhelmed by a sense of nostalgia. This was especially so a couple of days ago when two people from two different eras of my life crossed my path again.

The first was Wan Mohd Hafizam Wan Ismail. Many may have a sense of deja-vu when reading his name. He was in the media often in 1999 when he donated part of his liver to a boy, Mohd Afiq Iqmal Mohd Zaini. I first met Hafizam shortly after he donated part of his liver. And I met him on several occasions after that. One memorable occasion was when IKIM organised a forum in Port Dickson where he was one of the panelists while I moderated the session. Unfortunately, that was the last time I met him. That is, until Wednesday, when out of the blue I received a phone call from him.

He is involved with a Merdeka related event to be held at KL Tower. There he met one of the participants of the forum who happens to be working in KL Tower now who happens to be one of my juniors from school. Talk about how small the world is. Anyway, Hafizam got my number from my school junior and he called me up. It was quite a pleasant surprise to receive his call. We didn't talk long, but I sure hope that we'd be able to catch up real soon.

Then later in the afternoon, I accidentally bumped into one of my housemates in Glasgow, Ir. Khairul Izman. The last time I saw him was about seven years ago, and he hasn't changed a bit. It's good to know he is doing well. I would say he is the only guy from Glasgow that I know that already got his professional engineer qualification. And he owns his own firm to boot.

All in all, last Wednesday was filled with these nice surprises. It is good to be able to catch up with old friends from time to time. And indeed, it was a blast.

No comments: