Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Shoes are for walking

What is it about shoes that got some people going crazy? I remember many years back reading about Imelda Marcos who left 2,700 pairs of shoes at the Malacanang Palace.

Some months back, I was at the hotel suite of a Member of Parliament. I was astonished that upon entering his suite, there were about 30 pairs of shoes on his shoe rack - all belonging to him. I wondered how many more pairs he has at home. I was told later on that this MP is crazy about shoes, branded ones nonetheless. Oh, well. The only thing I could say is that nothing can stop him from buying shoes. After all, other people will go crazy with other stuff. I know a friend who changes his car just like he changes his shirt. I on the other hand would go crazy in bookstores.

As for shoes, I think I am satisfied with this old pair that I have which I bought for under RM50. I don't care much about the price or brand, as long as they are comfortable. I have been wearing them for over two years. Not bad for a cheap pair of shoes. Value for money, don't you think? After all, shoes ARE for walking.

3 comments:

JIE said...

"I was at the hotel suite of a Member of Parliament" Taken out of context, it sounds totally... suspicious :-D

We women have our choice of footwear, from stillettos to pumps, beli sepasang satu jenis pun, boleh end up macam Imelda gak hehehe. But now that I've discovered how comfy boots are, there's no turning back!

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Hehehe... Jie, I was there with my colleagues for a discussion over breakfast. But upon entering, we were greeted with the sight of his shoes.

Unknown said...

Salam Amir...
I don't think I have that many shoes. Can't compare with the infamous Imelda. However, I believe, the amount is enough for me to sell them at pasar malam... ekekekekee...
What Jie said was indeed true. Betul-betul memusykilkan... hah, camana nak tepis nih? The reason above is not accepted by the member of the jury...huhu...