Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Litterbug

One of my pet peeves is litterbug.

This evening, as I was driving in front of Giant Supermarket in Taman Setiawangsa, an elderly man who just came out of the supermarket, simply threw away an ice-cream wrapper he just unwrapped from an ice-cream. He did this so casually and nonchalantly while slurping away his ice-cream.

I wonder what kind of example would this kind of person show to the younger generation. I must commend the informercials by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment for highlighting these issues. One informercial that I am reminded of is the one with two boys who sent the message across on the need for us to throw away our own rubbish in designated rubbish bins. "Our rubbish, our responsibility." I wonder how many of us have this mentality.

To me, litterbugs are a selfish and irresponsible lot. Too bad they are not insects. Otherwise, we could just spray them away with insecticide...

No comments: