Search Engine

Followers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Sci-fi thriller

"Sci-fi thriller."

Apparently that's the description for Transgenesis: Bisikan Rimba. I don't have any problems with it. In fact, I'm very happy. According to my editor, Mat Jan, the story has so many twists and turns that he didn't want to give much away when he wrote the blurb (description of the novel at the back cover) for fear of spoiling it for the readers. The official blurb can be read here.

I really and sincerely hope that this novel will be well-received by readers. As a dear friend said to me yesterday, there are not really that many local science fiction novels out there. So I hope Transgenesis: Bisikan Rimba will be able to fill up part of the vacuum.

What's the story about?

All I can reveal at the moment is that the story revolves around an enigmatic girl named "Flora." The story begins with a murder..., and it's a roller-coaster ride from thereon. Believe you me, things at the beginning are not what they are at the end.

And I have a feeling by the end of the story, probably one would think twice before wearing ylang-ylang scented perfume!

6 comments:

ShaneShock said...

Sounds interesting, and the cover is intriguing. Is it available in English? And if so, will it be available on Amazon.com or the like?

SS

Anonymous said...

baca komen Sifu PTS Pn Ainon mengenai TransG di http://www.universitipts.com/

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Shaneshock: Thanks for dropping by. To answer your questions:
1. The novel is in Malay. But I do have plans to translate it into English, although that will probably be sometime next year.
2. When there is an English version, I guess it'll be available on Amazon.com

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Hani Ismail: Terima kasih atas maklumat yang diberikan. Saya akan ke sana.

JIE said...

Salam Kelana,

Sci-fi thriller? *bummer* thought it's a romance novel... huuuhuuu! :-D

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Salam Jie... Teman tak reti ler nak nulis criter romen romen nie...

ROTFL