Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dampened spirit

Talk about a damped (damned?) start to the day.

I was supposed to have a meeting at 10 a.m. at Angkasapuri. But my routine dictates that I stop by the office first. Initially I wanted to go straight to the old office, but then I changed my mind by stopping by the new office (where everyone is aside from me... but that's another story).

When I got to the office, one of my staff said that the second level was wet as water was dripping from the ceiling. When I heard that, blood rushed up my head. If water is dripping from the ceiling of Level 2, that means it must be coming from Level 3, which means that Level 3 must be drenched like crazy.

Level 3, by the way, is where my office is situated. I have not yet moved into the new office because renovation is still on-going. But I have already sent most of my books there. There are about 10 boxes of books that was put on the floor in my room.

Imagine my horror when I see water pouring down the roof of Level 3 soaking the new carpet, new floor boards and new furniture. The damage went all the way into my room, and soaked quite a number of my books. It's deja vu all over again as something similar had happened before at the old office.

I lost my mood to work upon seeing the damage done to my books and the office. I immediately made a phone call informing that I was giving the meeting a miss. Even if I did attend the meeting, my mind wouldn't be there.

One of the staff offered to remove the books to a dry place. Another staff started making phone calls. The contractor who is doing the renovation also came by to assess the damage. But most definitely, this is something that the developer of the building will have to take responsibility. My staff are taking care of all that.

At the moment, I am saddened because one of my most valuable possessions - my books - are already damaged. You could say that these books are my life. Just imagine my feelings upon seeing the state the books are in.

What a day..., and I still have to fly to Kuala Terengganu later this afternoon. *sigh*

2 comments:

Izza Hani said...

ingatkan bumbung parlimen aje yg bocor. rupa2nya bumbung YI pun bocor gak. saya balik dr MQA tadi, semua dok citer pasal perkara ni. ayashi gak ek cemana leh bocor

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Kebocoran tu human error. Saya diberitahu ada orang buka injap tangki di atas bumbung menyebabkan air melimpah. Dan saya juga diberitahu tangki di atas bumbung tu tak ikut spesifikasi yang sepatutnya. Apapun, perkara ini sedang diuruskan dengan pemaju (walaupun nampak seperti pemaju tak mahu ambil tanggungjawab).