Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Access denied

Level 3 of my office is proving to be problematic.

Yesterday's electricity outage was resolved today. Apparently, the wiring of one of the air-conditioning units was faulty. When someone switched on any of the lights or air-conditioners, that particular air-conditioning unit would switch on by itself. This was caused by a short circuit in the wiring, and thus resulting the electrical overload that brought about yesterday's blackout.

And when I thought one problem was solved, out came another problem.

After the electrical problem was taken care of, I remained in my office to do my work. At around noon, I had to go down to the Ground Floor to take care of some matters. I left Level 3 by swiping the access card to unlock the door.

When I returned to Level 3, I swiped my access card again, this time to enter the office. Unfortunately, the device could not read my access card. Nor could it read any of the other access cards used by the other staff members. This problem had actually happened before, and both times it occurred right after an electrical supply problem.

We had to call in the subcontractor who undertook the security aspects of the office. When they came in at about 3 p.m., they restored the programming of the security access device. When further tests were done, they told me that the problem was caused by a faulty chip in the device.

With all these problems on Level 3, I wonder what will happen next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ada benda lain tak?? He..he..he...