Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In the dark

I was out of the office for the whole morning. Since I am the only regular occupant of Level 3 (the other is my boss who comes in only when he's in Kuala Lumpur), I have to unlock the doors, as well as switching on the lights and air-conditioner every time I arrive. [And switching them off and locking everything up before I leave].

I only arrived back at the office just after 2 p.m., and as usual I would do all the above. I went into my room, switched on my computer, and just as I was about to settle down, the electricity supply suddenly went off. I heard a "weird" sound just before everything went dark.

I notified my staff of the problem asking them to check what went wrong. I was literally in the dark for a good ten minutes or so. My staff checked the fuse box and noticed that one of the switches had kicked in. So most probably there was an electrical overload at Level 3. My staff switched on the master supply to Level 3 just as my boss arrived. Coincidentally, I went out to take care of some matters at the Ground Floor. And shortly after, the supply was again cut off by the fuse box. According to my boss, he noticed a spark.

We didn't dare to switch on the main supply again for fear of an electrical short circuit or worse still, an electrical fire. We had called the electrician, but he'll only be coming tomorrow morning. Till the problem is solved, I won't be able to operate from my office. I hope the electrician could identify what caused the fuse switch to kick in. Hopefully, it isn't anything serious or major.

Sigh.

I have actually lost track of how many times problems have struck my office rendering me helpless. The new office seems to be problematic from day one. Talk about poor workmanship on the part of the contractor and his subcontractors.

And if the current problem persists, I may just have to work from home tomorrow. Fortunately, my home is just a three-minute walk away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

inilah masalahnya kalau bg kerja pd kontraktor melayu (bkn semua bad, ada juga yang ok). maincon ok, subcon problem atau sebaliknya. gitulah nampaknya...haiyoh!