Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A day in my life

Today has been very hectic, for lack of a better way to describe it. The morning began with the ritual checking the e-mail. Then I rushed to Universiti Malaya for a meeting to discuss a seminar on Islam and science that we are organising next month. This was followed by a press conference, which I knew nothing about, to talk about the said seminar among other things. Frankly, the reporter was more interested on other matters.

As soon as that was over, I rushed to the Institute of Islamic Understanding Malaysia for a discussion on the possibility of organising a radio forum, also next month. As it was already near lunch time, I suggested to the senior producer that we have a lunch meeting instead. That way, I could save my time by not having to go for lunch after the meeting.

Then, I rushed back to the office for another meeting regarding a book due out, guess what, next month. After the meeting, there were two discussions at the office, after which I rushed back home to change for the weekly badminton session.

I got home about 8.30 p.m., and managed to play with my sons for a few hours before they went to sleep.

By the end of the evening, I was virtually too exhausted to do anything else.

In case anyone is wondering, this is a typical day in my life. And for no reason whatsoever, I just thought I'd like to share this song by The Beatles entitled "A Day in the Life".

No comments: